How to Create a Course from Scratch And Turn It Into A Passive Income Money Making Machine
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Create and sell online courses from scratch to help people learn in the comfort of their own homes!When most people get started they google “How to create an online course for free?” I’m sure if that is you, you won’t have a hard time finding some great blog posts or youtube videos since there are plenty of free resources around. Online course websites are everywhere. And just in case, you want the best one out there I have a brilliant online course on how to create a course and simply profit that can be of great value to newbie marketers and business owners. 😉 One of the first things I’ve learned here is to consider the preferences of your future students. What teaching style is best for your target audience? How can this online course appear more fun and engaging for newbie entrepreneurs and marketers?! Creating an online course means answering a lot of crucial questions!
Creating a course from scratch can lead to financial freedom.At one point in our family, I had quit a $97,000 a year Information Technology job in Corporate America to stay home with my two babies, age 2 & brand new. I was exhausted from working 13 hours a day and never seeing my children or husband. I thought the transition would be easy but after a few months of trying to live on my husband’s salary of $32,000 a year – I knew I couldn’t continue to just take care of my babies all day and not help bring in income. So, I did what some of my friends were doing, I started a day-care. I was making around $1200 a month. It helped even though we were still bleeding financially. Although I loved watching my day-care kids, I was feeling antsy, we needed to make more money and I was bored. So I started spending some time on the computer and I found that so many people were making a killing online selling various courses and products. I thought it might be a good idea but I wasn’t completely sold yet. So instead, I decided to join an mlm company. I tried to sign up everyone, I knew into my new mlm venture. I even bugged my mail lady about it. But I wasn’t having much luck. So one night, I decided to spend our last $57 we had in savings on fliers to advertise my mlm.
Little did I know that that would change my life forever.I got up at 5 am early on a Saturday morning and went out with my friend to drop off fliers in the nice part of town. When, I came home around 7 am and I went back to bed. The thing, I remember was being in that state of almost asleep, and I heard a loud bang. I woke up, jumped out of bed, ran downstairs and saw that our garage was on fire. I yelled at my husband to go outside and check it out. And I went and got my babies out of their room and ran out in the backyard. I remember thinking, I should have spent that last $57 on new underwear. You see I was wearing holy underwear with a ratty old teeshirt out in my backyard with the babies. I was yelling like a banchee at my husband to be careful – I am sure the neighbors 2 blocks away thought there was a domestic dispute going on. Then firemen showed up and put a big ladder over the backyard so we could climb over the fence into the neighbors back yard. I was horrified and mortified. The fireman and all my many neighbors got to see my granny panties that were full of holes.
At that minute I knew life had to change.So I put on my thinking cap and got super resourceful! It was summer-time. I moved all my little kids into one room and hired a live-in nanny to stay with us for the summer. She helped me take care of my kids and the daycare kids. I paid her out of the salary from the daycare. I had one of those big old thick computers and a ratty old desk in my laundry. And believe it or not, I spent 4 months in that laundry room during the summer learning how to generate leads online. My break-through came when I learned how to generate cheap leads on eBay – after spending over $23,000 on credit cards and from our savings on various scams online.
It was a steep and costly learning curve.From there I learned how to generate more cheap and free leads online. I wrote an ebook and sold it for $37 over and over again. Then I discovered how to use Facebook to generate leads online. The best part was then went on to create an online course called the “7 Touch Series” and I taught over 2,000 solopreneurs and stay at home moms how to use this system to build their own online businesses. Trust me when I say this, it hasn’t always been an easy journey but it has been worth it. Good thing I discovered the magic of creating online courses and sharing my knowledge with other moms. It allowed me to generate money online, and help other entrepreneurs who wanted to make money online.
I can help you too.
Your website is your ticket to a successful online education career.Some online course creators prefer to promote and sell online courses in udemy, but I highly recommend doing it on your own website. It doesn’t matter whether you have an established, complex website or a simple blog. What’s important here is that you are fully-equipped with a platform that can serve as a “bridge” between you and your target audience. At this point as a beginner, you are probably asking yourself–how do I sell on my website? Should I learn how to sell tutorials online?! I know managing a website and creating an online course are two different things. If you find it a bit confusing, check how the best online course websites do it. Learn from them. It’s also important for you to consider how your business and course is going to be found online. You can spend endless hours creating the perfect course but it won’t mean anything if people can’t find you. Use a sensible domain name, look into how you can use the meta data to your advantage, make sure your website is SEO optimized and if you don’t know how to do this, take a look at these 1stonthelist.com SEO services and see if they are able to help you. It’s an important part of your business to consider if you want your course to grow. Also, here’s something that I’ve learned from a seasoned colleague. Before creating an online course from scratch, why not take one yourself first? By doing so, you can acquire new knowledge, and at the same time learn how to sell a course online. You can experience the wonderful benefits of online learning, and eventually offer quality course materials to future students.
Why should you create a course from scratch? Here are the benefits of Online Learning.
1. Online learning is inexpensive.It’s no secret that online programs are a lot cheaper compared to those offered in traditional school campuses. The average online course fee varies, though. It depends on a variety of factors! For instance, if you want to enroll in a Stanford University specialized program through Coursera, you may need to pay around $400 each course. Those who can’t afford it can apply for financial aid.
2. You can choose any course that you want.Settling for traditional education means traveling and working in a highly competitive environment. In an online set up, a student just needs to go to Google search, and look for online programs offered by reputable institutions. You can even take up an online course offered by the world’s most prestigious universities. Wherever you are, you can find a suitable course for you. As an online course creator, you should build your own website, and allow students to access it anytime they want.
3. Online learning materials are easily accessible.Online learning materials are provided via digital platforms, and are accessible anytime, anywhere. There is no need to take public transport or drive just to go to class! It’s all about convenience. All you need at home is a comfortable chair, a nice desk, and the will to study.
4. Online courses from scratch look great on a resume.You may think that hiring managers consider online degrees or courses as inferior to the traditional ones. At the end of the day, a course program is a course program. It can contribute to your career progress, and make your resume’ look better.
5. An online course from scratch encourages self-paced learning.In a self-paced learning program, students can target lessons based on their own timelines. As you try an online course before creating your own, you will be asked to stick to a learning schedule, depending on your individual needs. Choose the schedule that works best for you. Don’t have your own website yet? By the end of your program, you will finally have some free time to create your own website. Explore how it can serve as the future home of your online courses!
Create online courses from scratch to earn passive income!There is nothing better than generating money while you sleep. That is the magic of passive income! I know that making big passive income is a dream for all of us. Are you ready to take on the challenge of generating passive income online? As digital marketing professionals and entrepreneurs, we can impart our knowledge to other people by creating online courses. Eventually, we can make passive income from it. I’ve been looking into online course creation for a while now, and is in the process of making my own! Sometimes, I feel like what I’m doing is wrong and not enough. I guess that’s part of it?! I motivated myself by reading the success stories of several online course creators who earned an incredible amount of money by selling lessons. Click here to read some of them. We’ll get there soon! Soon, we’ll be able to produce our online courses, and earn from them.
What should you put in your online course?Do you want to create an online course for future entrepreneurs and digital marketers? Think about the people who will benefit from it. As for me, I’m determined to create online courses on blogging, content marketing and affiliate marketing, with various price points and packages. Aside from video lessons, industry expert interviews and checklists, I’m thinking of including audio files and mini ebooks for frequent travelers. Just in case they want to go through the materials while on the road, they can do so easily!
How to create an online course from scratch?! Look for the best topics!I know that you have tons of ideas in mind right now. Can’t wait to share your thoughts to other future successful marketers and entrepreneurs?! Before you start selling online courses, make a list of all possible online course topics first. That little list of yours will be the starting point of your online course business.
1. Choose a topic that you are passionate about.What are the things you are passionate about? In this stage, it’s really best to consider this online course task as a “passion project” rather than a money-making venture. Of course, we can earn from it soon but don’t let potential profit fuel all of the hard work. I chose blogging, affiliate marketing and content marketing since those three topics are the ones I’m really passionate about! Create a course online that you genuinely love, so working on it won’t feel like a chore. Let’s treat this one as a passion project that still is profitable!
2. Take note of your strengths.Producing an online course from scratch based on your passion and strengths is the ultimate move to success. Make a list of your strengths and skills. If you are planning to sell courses online, identifying your weaknesses and strengths is a great way to start. You will be able to realize what you are good at and spot the strongest areas for improvement.
3. Before you create an online course from scratch, figure out how much you are willing to risk.Let’s now focus on the implementation of this wonderful online course venture. Unlike other businesses, investing in online education is less risky. You can easily create online courses online from scratch without talking to investors and borrowing money. But, you still need to set a budget for online course software, marketing tools, recording equipment, and the online training platforms you are planning to utilize.
Are you in the market for a reliable online course builder? How can you make money with online courses?Check out Thinkific and Teachable. These platforms enable business owners to sell, market and create their own online courses in a smooth, effective manner. To make the best choice, look into the tools and features you need to turn your online course into a sustainable business.
4. Know what your target audience needs.Who do we want to help? In this case, we are targeting newbie digital marketing professionals and entrepreneurs. Make sure that your online course appeals to them.
5. Sell your online course from scratch on your own website.Now, where are you planning to sell and create your online course? There are several online learning platforms available out there, from EdX and Coursera to Udemy, but the best platform to sell an online course is still your own website! If you are really serious about learning how to create a digital course, you need to host it in a platform wherein you have 100% control and ownership. That way, you can have total control over promotions, pricing, and other aspects. Your own website is the best place to be!
6. Adapt to the different changes in the industry.The job doesn’t end with the creation of your online course. The tougher part of the job actually happens once it is done. Don’t ever stop working! Listen to your students. If there is the need to make changes, do it. Give them what they want. You should be able to adapt to all the changes to ensure sustainability of your business. Moreover, if you are just starting out, it’s best to also familiarize yourself with the website creation process. Learning how to make your own website is another thing, but since you are selling your course here, you should invest time on it as well.
Create an online course from scratch, and become an online education entrepreneur now!Now that you know how to create your own website, and how to sell online courses, it’s time to start your online education adventure! Your primary weapons here are your amazing entrepreneurial and marketing skills. Any kind of business will not succeed without a clear plan of execution and strategy. Unless you already have a huge following and well-established digital reputation, online courses alone won’t bring in tons of money. There is growing competition in the industry. Thus, you need to depend on your skills and knowledge to boost your passive income stream. Your online course can be delivered to your student while you are sleeping soundly in bed. With the help of your website and an efficient online payment method, a “passive exchange” can take place between you and another person even if you are not working. That online course from scratch is an ultimate passive money-maker!
The Most Profitable Online Course Ideas for Entrepreneurs and Digital Marketers
1. Entrepreneurship CourseMy favorite niche. I just love talking to people and hearing about their amazing online business ideas. It seems like people around us never run out of entrepreneurial thoughts! Why don’t you help people start their own business ventures by creating an online course on e-commerce or online business fundamentals?
2. Video Marketing CourseThe entertainment industry is no longer limited to the cinema and television screens. This is the digital age, and more and more people are now gearing towards developing their own versions of entertainment. Sell video tutorials online, or better yet, create an online course on video marketing. Educate people about new media.
3. Website Creation CourseTechnology is already a part of our lives. It is not only an avenue to earn extra income and simplify day-to-day living. It’s already a way of life! Therefore, it becomes necessary to understand its various forms and emphasize its importance for future business owners and marketers. Educate them about website creation and cyber-security. An introductory course on the technicalities is a newbie’s best friend.
4. Content Creation CourseAfter taking a website creation course, some professionals may want to take this one. Content development and consistency always go hand in hand when it comes to online business success. What is the use of having a website if there is no compelling, consistent content?! Create a content creation course from scratch so you can share your own personal techniques. I suggest you focus on online storytelling!
5. Social Media Strategy CourseI guess all of us want to take this course, whether or not we are online business owners! Right now, plenty of people are obsessed with their social media accounts. Social media is a huge deal! Create courses online to help influencers, marketers and other professionals increase their following, and improve their social media presence. Whether you want to focus on website traffic, sales and brand awareness, you can come up with a social media strategy course that will guide them in managing social platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Click here to learn more about social media strategy.