17 Little Known Ways On How To Get Free Money Today
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Are you ready to learn how to get free money today? I’m going to teach you how to generate more free money — you’ll feel like you’re not working at all. Thanks to the internet and technology, you can earn a bit more if only you allow a bit more time. There are tons of amazing ways to earn extra money online. Look, I know that it sounds too good to be true. But, it’s true. You can increase your savings without working too hard.
If your goal is to make some extra money fast, you’ve come to the right place. I prepared a wonderful list for you on how to get free money today.
But, before you go through it, I want you to know that much of this has to do with the right mindset. Before you start any money-making opportunity, no matter how easy it is, you should have the right mindset to succeed.
Mindset is everything! Think you need help with this? I would encourage you to read about Mindset is Everything.
Money-Making Ideas You Will Love!
1. Sell awesome photos.
Stock photo websites such as Shutterstock are top resources for content creators. The best thing about this is that anyone can sign up for these websites and contribute by adding images.
All you need is a bit of artistry and a quality camera. The better images you make, the more money you’ll generate. It is one of my favorite ways to get free money today.
Whenever someone uses them, you get paid a royalty. How do you make it work?
Think of what types of stock images would be the most useful for bloggers and web designers. Look at different ads and check how you can come up with something similar.
2. Get paid for your opinions.
Market researchers love hearing about people’s opinions because these help them improve their campaigns and products.
After answering them, you get paid instantly and are allowed to cash out in various ways.
3. Open high-interest earning savings accounts.
More and more online banks are offering interests in the 2% to 3% range. I know that these are not mind-blowing numbers that will make you an instant millionaire, but it’s definitely a lot better than 0% in many savings accounts.
If you do more research, you can even find interest-earning checking accounts. These usually get less than 1%.
Small, but still so much better than 0%! You’ll eventually see yourself generating more income each month without that much effort. Another brilliant way on how to get free money today.
4. Reassess or “trim” your budget.
Take the time to go through your credit card and bank statements. You can do this conveniently by using an app called Trim.
Trim is awesome! It will help you find all the unnecessary recurring things in your bank statements, such as that gym membership you never used. These unnecessary expenses can drain your budget!
Purge these bills, and start anew. Organize your budget and then begin looking for new ways to earn extra money.
I just recently made a few guidelines for myself, to effectively decrease my spending. Let me share them with you. 🙂
- Share your subscriptions. Ask some of your loved ones if they want to share their Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, and other subscription services. When I mean “share,” I mean splitting up the total cost evenly. By doing so, you can save money by not paying full price for each single subscription.
- Plan your meals weekly. Then, shop according to your planned recipes and menu to minimize food waste. You’ll be able to free up hundreds of dollars every month. Need help in planning your weekly meals? Click here for a free printable you can use.
- Use LED bulbs around your home. These are more energy-efficient, compared to fluorescent ones. Moreover, unplug appliances which are no in use.
5. Check your tax returns.
Double-check the numbers you are getting. There are several credits and deductions there, most especially for those who own homes.
The more you can claim as a credit, or deduct from your tax bill, the more refund you can get.
Are you sure you’re claiming interests paid on mortgages and student loans?
What about those home improvement repairs from early last year?
You’ll be surprised as to how many things you can claim as credits or deductions.
It really is another ingenious idea on how to get free money today.
6. How To Get Free Money Today – List your spare rooms on Airbnb.
Do you have a spare room on your property? You may want to list in on Airbnb. It’s so easy to do! What’s so amazing here is that you can get paid just for having this additional bedroom.
Just make sure to keep it clean. You can also use this as a motivation to do household chores. Plus, you can chalk it up as another great way on how to make free money today.
7. Watch TV and get paid!
Marketing research companies don’t just hand out paid surveys. They also pay people to watch TV!
Nielsen is a good example. Just download their app, provide the necessary details and that’s it. You’re done. This app will track what you’re watching, and in exchange, they pay you for providing them access to that information.
You can also get free money today by browsing the internet using InboxDollaars.
8. Shop online and get cash backs.
There are some apps that offer cashback in exchange for using their apps when online shopping.
They partner up with many shops and stores, so people can buy from their favorite brands. Instead of buying straight from those brands’ websites, you can do it through the cashback app. This really is another awesome idea to get free money today.
The money you will get can be transferred to your PayPal account or bank account. You can even turn it into a gift card.
9. Sell old items.
Another brilliant way to make extra cash and get rid of clutter is to clean, clean, and clean. By general cleaning, you can look for those things you don’t use anymore.
Why don’t you sell them online to free up space and get additional money?!
Put an ad up for those extra items you find lying around.
You will be surprised just how much of what you thought was garbage is valuable stuff someone else is willing to pay for.
One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure!
Here is a list of some of the items you can sell:
- Unused, old electronics and appliances
- Extra or old furniture pieces
- Old clothes, most especially children’s or baby’s clothes. Frugal parents don’t want to spend a lot of money on brand new clothes since kids grow up easily. You selling second-hand pieces is good news for them.
- Kitchen tools and appliances
- Old car, even if it doesn’t run anymore. I’m sure a mechanic or a collector is willing to pay money for that.
- Camping or sports gear
10. Ask for Gift Cards Instead of Gifts.
For birthdays and other holidays, your friends and family might try to give you gifts, but it’s not rude to politely ask for gift cards instead of gifts.
Then, you can use gift cards to buy what you need and want. If you’re uncomfortable asking people for gift cards, consider returning their gifts.
As long as you know what store they got it from, you can usually return it for store credit even without a receipt.
Make it a little more personal by sending them a picture of your haul to show them what their generous gift helped you get!
11. Become a Coupon Queen!
Have you ever tried buying a month’s worth of groceries using coupons, and only a few dollars?
If you haven’t, well it’s time to do some googling. Several people collect coupons and use them to lower their bills. You’ll only pay a small fraction of what you would usually pay.
No magic or illegal work needed. Just extreme organization skills! Don’t know how to start? Here are some tips to get you started.
- Start collecting coupons. There are tons of exceptional sources, from the Sunday newspaper to weekly grocery pamphlets. You can also check out websites like Ibotta.
- Gather coupons only for those items you buy regularly. Think about shampoos, laundry detergents, and cereals.
- Keep the coupons well organized in a binder. That way, you can easily see all of them and group them into different categories. If you want, you can have a section for dry goods, canned goods, meat, and dairy products.
The longer you do this, the more it becomes easier. You can even save thousands of dollars every year.
Just keep in mind to learn more about the shop’s coupon policies. Some of them limit the number of coupons used in each transaction.
The solution to this is just to buy items in a series of multiple transactions.
12. Get Refunds on your previous purchases.
Paribus is an app that assesses your past purchases and then finds out if you were overpaid or charged double.
It also checks if the price dropped right after you bought it. This is an amazing app that helps you begin the process of getting a refund for overpayments. Can you say get free money today?!
13. Get the best shopping deals with Dosh Cash.
It’s no secret that millions of dollars are wasted on purchases yearly. Most of the time, you end up buying ridiculously overpriced clothes, when you could have gotten them at more affordable prices.
By signing up on Dosh, you can shop at several shops and then get up to 10% cash back. You then connect your debit or credit card to their platform. Once the money’s there, you can do as you wish with it.
14. Lookout for unclaimed money.
Different states have unclaimed property programs that help find people some forgotten assets.
What if your great-great-grandparents left you a vast fortune? You’ll never know! Now wouldn’t that be a windfall!?!
15. Max out your employer’s Company’s 401(k) matching program.
Your company’s 401(k) matching program is a great source of “free money.” This means that your employer adds some cash to your retirement account each time you contribute.
A lot of businesses provide some sort of retirement plan matching. It’s not instant money, though!
16. Lower your mortgage.
Are you experiencing financial issues? I know one immediate solution to alleviate that challenge a bit.
Lower your mortgage so there’s no need for you to pay a considerable amount of money each month. But, bad news, there’s a disadvantage. You’ll be paying more in interest.
17. Drive for Lyft or Uber.
By joining Lyft or Uber, you can easily just get free money today by driving passengers around. I love driving around as well! This is a good side hustle that you can take on if you have some time to burn.
Just don’t forget to factor in maintenance and gas costs. And your car must be in good condition and reliable.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Get Free Money Today
How Can I Make Money Right Now?
We went over several ideas in this article on how you can make money right now. Here is a down and dirty list to jog your memory:
- Receive a $20 Welcome Bonus with Ibotta
- Get $5 for free when you sign up with Inbox Dollars
- Earn up to $45 for each Survey with Survey Junkie
How Can I Get Money Right Now?
If you are looking to get money right now, here are a few different ways you can do it
- Sell Plasma
- Sell Your Clothes At Places Like Poshmark, Offerup or Facebook Marketplace.
- Redeem Your Credit Card Points.
- Recycling is king. Turn it in for Cash.
- Turn Your Change Into Cash
- Take Your Items to A Pawnshop.
- Ask Your Family For A Quick Loan
- Sell Your old Phones
- Mow Your Neighbors Lawn or Trim Their Trees
What Apps Pay You Instantly?
- Check out Uber here.
- Gigwalk is another app that will get you free money. Learn about it here.
- Learn more about Earnin at this spot.
- This one is fun. Read more about DoorDash here.
- Check out more about Qmee here.
How can I get $20 right now?
- Babysit for an hour.
- Sell Old Textbooks
- Turn in your recycling for money.
- Clean houses
- Do gig work.
- Take a gig on Fiverr
How Can I Make $100 Fast?
It is possible to make $100 Super Fast and get money free now! Here are our top favorites.
- Start a passive side hustle
- Rent out your spare room
- Do a research study
- Sell items you find in your garage
- Start driving Uber or Lyft
- Sign up for a freelancing gig
- Pet side or house sit
- Sell items on Facebook Market place
How Can I Make $200 Fast?
- Sell Something on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.
- Playing Games
- Get $10 Cash Bonus Using Rakuten
- Redeem Credit Card Points
- Sell Gift Cards
- Rent out your Spare room on Airbnb
- Deliver with Postmates
- Get a $200 signon bonus with Ibotta
- Pet Sit or Dog Walk
- Make Quick Cash Babysitting
Happy Money Making! But, Watch out for scams!
The internet and the real world are full of opportunities to make quick bucks. Just watch out for outright scams and other questionable stunts.
Be wary of those “opportunities” that ask for upfront fees, request your credit card number or social security number, and want you to pay for a certification. Those definitely are NOT good for learning how to get free money today.
If you’re not sure if it’s legit, find community forums.
Reddit is a good background checking resource, as well as for complaints and unfiltered reviews.