Exciting Social Media Statistics You Want to Hear About!
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Social media is here to stay and every day, it gets bigger and bigger. With more than 54% of the world’s population using some form of social media, if you’re not using it, you’re missing out. We’re not just talking about missing out as a brand or business, we’re also talking about missing out as an individual. After all, how else will you stay in touch with friends and family that aren’t in your daily life anymore? As a business, it’s the most efficient, successful method to use when you want to get your product or services in front of your audience.
Use it for entertainment, to socialise, for news and even to find out the latest trends. If you’re a business, harness social media to get your messages across and create a worthy social media strategy to catapult your business to another level. There’s also the ability to use paid advertising on social media, through adverts on every social media network. If we haven’t convinced you yet, or you ‘d like to read some social media statistics related to social media use to help you make the decision, read on.
Creating Your Own Social Media Consulting Proposal Using Social Media Statistics
When it comes to pitching a campaign using social media to a client, you need to define clear goals. Apart from using the above social media statistics to persuade a business or brand to use you as a social media marketer or consultant, employ the following techniques:
- Set Goals. Find out what the business or brand in question wants to do to increase their social media presence. Be as detailed as possible to communicate each goal.
- Buy Cheap Instagram Followers to gain more engagement and to find out how to get more Instagram likes.
- Know Your Customer. Get to grips with the business or brand’s customers so you know who you want to reach. Find out as much information as you can about the audience and who’s interacting with the brand or business.
- Create Buying Personas so you have a clear view of each to help you understand who you’re targeting and why.
- Research the Competition, gather data and use it to home in on points of difference and what you can do better. Use the gaps in the market as areas of opportunity.
- You can also buy Instagram views using PayPal but only from a reputable Instagram marketing company.
- Know the Social Media the company is already using. You need to have an understanding of what’s worked before and what hasn’t worked to direct future social media marketing.
- Use Insights to find out view count, reach, engagement, conversions, and web traffic. Define how you’re going to improve on those insights using a social media marketing strategy.
- Build your Social Media Strategy and include tone of voice, design, and style.
For more social media statistics visit https://www.statista.com/topics/1164/social-networks/.
Here are social media statics for you,
Interesting Social Media Statistics for 2022
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly users.
- There are more than 4.6 billion people who use social media regularly (global figure).
- 79% of businesses use paid advertising on social media.
- Video is fast becoming the best use of social media to improve brand and business engagement and 85% of marketers feel it is an essential tool for any social media marketing strategy.
- Going forwards in 2022, 64% of marketers will be using video as a tool for their business’ or brand’s social media marketing.
- Quality of social media posts is far more important than the number of posts you upload and that’s according to 83% of marketers.
- Up to 55% of people browsing the different social media marketing channels do so to conduct their own research on a product or service.
- Every day, the average person spends approximately 2.15 hours on social media networks (including WhatsApp and Messenger).
- Every day, over 1.4 million new users sign up to a new social media account.
- The biggest demographic using social media for the longest period of time are Millennials and Gen Z, the former spend more than 2.5 hours every day using it, the latter 3 hours.
Let’s narrow down our social media statistics to different platforms.
Social Media Statistics – Facebook
- 79% of marketing teams used paid advertising on Facebook in 2021 as part of their social media marketing strategy.
- Half of those marketers will increase their budget for paid advertising on Facebook. They will also invest in paid advertising on YouTube and TikTok in 2022.
- Facebook is not as popular amongst teens. Teenagers used it in 2015 (70% +) but now, that number has dropped to around 65% in 2022, they’re favoring Snapchat and TikTok instead.
- Almost 70% of adults in the USA use Facebook and ¾ of adult users visit it at least once a month.
- In 2021, Facebook had nearly 1.95 billion daily users.
- Most people access Facebook through their smartphone (almost 98.5%).
- The biggest return for advertising on Facebook is through video.
- Facebook had 10 million advertisers on their social network platform at the back end of 2021.
- 15% of Facebook profiles aren’t real or they’re duplicated accounts.
- The optimal posting time on Facebook is a Wednesday morning at around 11 to 11.30am and again, on a Wednesday between 1 and 2pm. Facebook is at its quietest on Sundays.
- Facebook Stories generate more than 500 million views every day.
- The most popular genre for Facebook Stories is surprisingly politics!
- Facebook users find video promotion as important as image promotion.
- 80% of businesses and brands favor video marketing on Facebook over other platforms.
Social Media Statistics – Twitter
- In early 2021, Twitter reached over 210 million active users (every day).
- The revenue for Q3 2020 for Twitter was $936 million!
- 80% of marketers plan to use Twitter Spaces in 2022 to market their brands or businesses.
- More US adults used Twitter in 2018 (24%) than in 2019 when the number dropped to 22%.
- 92% of user interaction is Link Clicks.
- Optimal posting times on Twitter are Wednesday and Friday at 9.00am. Twitter is at its quietest on Saturdays.
- Tweets that use hashtags gain 100% more engagement.
- The best-performing adverts are socially responsible adverts.
- Most users on Twitter take advantage of the customer services channels used by businesses and brands on the social media platform (90%).
Social Media Statistics – Instagram
- Almost 60% of marketers wish to use Instagram Reels for their brands and businesses in 2022.
- More GenZ use this platform (67%) and Millennials (57%).
- Only 39% of Gen X use Instagram
- Almost every marketer believe that Instagram is the best social media marketing platform for Influencers, 45% better than Facebook.
- Video gets more interactions than images (21% v 19%).
- 90% of Instagram users follow a business or brand.
- More than 80% of Instagram users use the platform to seek out new products and services.
- 88% of Instagram users say they took action after seeing information relating to a product or service on Instagram.
- Optimal times for posting on Instagram are Wednesday at 11 to 1.30am and again on Friday between 10 and 11.00am.
- The worst day for Instagram is Sunday when it is at its quietest.
- More women than men use Instagram, 51% v 48%.
Social Media Statistics – LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is present in 200 countries.
- The social media platform boasts more than 800 million active users.
- The age demographic is mainly between 25 to 34 years (60% of users).
- LinkedIn made more than $8.1 billion in 2020, 20% up on the year before.
- The biggest area of growth on LinkedIn is Marketing Solutions which grew by 44% from 2019 to 2020.
- LinkedIn was voted by Business Insider as the world’s most trusted social media platform.
- LinkedIn is the top paid social media platform used by B2B.
- Most B2B marketers find LinkedIn the best-performing social media network for their needs (over 80%).
- Nearly 50% of business’ web traffic comes via LinkedIn.
- Optimal times for posting on LinkedIn are Wednesdays, 1-10am and again at 12pm. Thursdays, 9.00am and 1 to 2pm. The quietest day on LinkedIn is Sunday.
Social Media Statistics – YouTube
- Across the world, YouTube is the second biggest search engine.
- It is also the second most favored channels for businesses wishing to share video.
- By 2025, the forecast is for YouTube to have more than 2.8 million users.
- In 2022, 45% of marketers plan to use YouTube (for the first time).
- In 2020, users on YouTube in the USA were 50% male, 50% female – equal split!
- The mobile YouTube is believed to be bigger any TV network because it reaches more adults in the 18- to 24-year-old age group.
- Most 18- to 34-year-olds use YouTube to see video content on TV. 8% more than terrestrial and 15% more than cable TV.
- 25% of the world’s mobile traffic is YouTube!
- In 2019, 85% of teenagers from the USA used YouTube regularly.
Social Media Statistics – TikTok
- TikTok has almost 700 million global active users and is the fastest-growing social media platform of all.
- For 2022, 60% of marketers plan to apportion a budget to TikTok for marketing activity.
- In 2020, TikTok was the number one performing downloaded app, beating off stiff competition.
- TikTok was originally called Douyin and had 300 million users when it merged with Musical.ly.
- TikTok influencers have quadrupled since 2020.
- In February 2019, the platform hit 1 billion downloads. Bigger than Instagram and Facebook.
- Most TikTok users in the USA are between the ages of 10 and 18.
- Globally, the age group of 16 to 24 account for 42% of users.
- Nearly 60% of TikTok users are female.
- More TikTok users spent time using the app than any other social media network.
- The average session on TikTok is approximately 11 minutes.
Social Media Statistics – Reddit
- In 2020, Reddit had 52 million users every day.
- In 2021, the mobile app for Reddit had more than 13 million users every day, across the globe.
- Every month, more than 50 million users access the social media platform.
- In 2017, the social media platform was reportedly worth $1.8 billion.
- Most Reddit users are male (in the USA).
- 15% of American adults use Reddit.
- Only 10% of Reddit’s regular users are female.
Do You Need an External Social Media Agency?
You might already have an established marketing team but if you’re a small business, you might consider using an external agency to grow your presence online. Or you might want use one of your marketing team as a social media specialist, responsible for building your brand across all of your social media networks. Alternatively, you could employ an external social media consultant, perhaps a freelancer or from an agency. Social media consultancy is a growing trend, see these social media statistics for more:
- Using social media marketing, you drive more brand loyalty by responding to a complaint online by 25%.
- Almost 80% of consumers expect brands to reply to their queries within 24 hours.
- Brand response rate across all sectors is less than 25%.
- More than 50% of social media users use social media to research products and services.
- More than 50% of Millennials and GenZ use social media for influence.
- Almost 80% of users say the content posted on social media impacts their buying behavior.
Final Words on Social Media Statistics
All of the above social media statistics should help you create an effective strategy for your brand or business’ social media activity. It’s always wise to understand what consumers want, where they view their social media and where the opportunity is, that’s the power of statistics.
Our social media marketing statistics come from the following sources: Statista, the Pew Research Center and Global Web Index DataBox, Social Media Examiner Sprout Social, Social Bakers, Buffer, Twitter, HubSpot, Magna, Instagram, Facebook, eMarketer, LinkedIn, Content Marketing Institute, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, Alexa, Variety, Sandvine, Datareportal, the Verge, Reddit, CNBC, Consult and Convert, Pitney Bowes